Internet Access and Network Connectivity
- The school provides internet connectivity to staff and students via desktops, laptops, and tablets.
- We understand that the internet provides a substantial amount of positive and enriching content that is essential in today's world. It can also be a place of inappropriate, offensive, and harmful content. The school leadership and staff strongly believe that protecting our students is a priority.
- We utilize a Dell SonicWALL hardware firewall with subscription based content filtering. We restrict access to the most common inappropriate content based on categories. As new inappropriate content is discovered they are automatically added to those categories.
- Our wireless network is based on enterprise grade Aruba wireless access points. This technology provides connectivity via isolated and secured networks for staff, tablets, and guests.
- Our classes have scheduled computer lab time where students learn fundamental skills including touch typing, document creation, and research.
- Each student has individual access to a computer running the Microsoft Windows 8.1 operating system.
- It's not all plain text on a blank background - we like to have fun and encourage learning through age appropriate educational games!
- Mobile computing has rapidly become a necessity in today's world. Our students hone these skills with scheduled tablet time in their classrooms using a complement of Samsung Galaxy Tab for Education 10" devices running the latest Android operating system.
- Our teachers utilize Google's Play for Education app store. This special walled-garden app store has content which is curated by paid educators at Google. These educators identify grade appropriate apps, categorize them by subject matter, and validate that no inappropriate ads (if any) are displayed. All of this is presented to our teachers through a web portal where they can deploy apps on one or all tablets with a few clicks.
Productivity Tools for Teachers and Staff
- Our teachers and staff use the Google Apps for Education suite of tools including Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, and Slides. These tools are cloud based, secured via complex passwords, have a 99.9% uptime, and the content is backed up.
- Teachers and staff are enabled and encouraged to use any device - whether it is a school desktop, home laptop, tablet, or smartphone - to access these services and connect with students and families.
Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, and Anti-malware
- The school systems are protected from malicious programs by the enterprise grade AVAST Endpoint Protection Suite.